WHAT WE DO...
Located in Latham NY, Exit5 Auto is the area's premier auto service and repair center. We work on all makes and models, foreign and domestic. Our labor rates are among the most competitive in the area and we’ll beat any written estimate by 10%. And remember, work performed at our repair shop is always 100% guaranteed. See what our customers have to say and book an appointment today: (518) 541-5000.
Uncomfortable temperatures can seem all that much worse when you’re behind the wheel. But maintaining a functional and efficient Air Conditioning or heating system in your vehicle doesn’t have to be a difficult endeavor. At Exit5 Auto, we offer reliable and cost-effective auto AC/Heat repair services. From coolant flush services to a complete overhaul, we have the skills and equipment […]
If you’re like most drivers, you rely on your brakes to keep you safe on the road. So if your brakes are starting to fail or are showing signs of wear and tear, you need a reliable source for brake service work in a hurry. And that’s exactly where we come in. At our service facility […]
Heating Services Done Right Warrantied work. Competitive rates. Free loaner cars. Book an appointment today! Schedule Service See Our Reviews 1 WHAT WE DO…When it’s cold outside there are few things are more uncomfortable than driving around with a malfunctioning car heater. If yours is out of whack you’ve probably already noticed. Come get it […]
Many people get confused with the difference between a “cooling system flush” and a “drain/refill”. The truth of the matter is that there is a big difference. While a drain and refill is fairly straight forward and generally not difficult, a flush is much more effective and requires special equipment. A drain and refill generally […]
One automotive service issue that doesn’t get much attention is drivetrain or driveline service. Drivelines don’t get talked about very much, but they’re very important. Before deciding whether or not to get this service, let’s first let’s define exactly what the driveline is. Taking a small step back, the power plant is comprised of the […]
A properly functioning exhaust system will keep your car quiet and reduce air pollution. More importantly, it will keep you safe and ensure that harmful gases don’t find their way into the car. Call today: (518) 541-5000. Our expert mechanics are pros at diagnosing exhaust problems and will get you right back on the road in no time. Whether […]
Modern fuel injection systems provide accurate fuel monitoring so that when you step on the gas, the fuel injector delivers just the right amount of fuel to your engine. However, due to their complexity, these systems need periodic maintenance to ensure they run efficiently. Backed with a Lifetime Protection Plan Exit5 Auto Group is proud to […]
Big Trucks. Big Brakes. No Problem. 1 Braking Systems Heavy duty brake systems are subjected to a lot of heat and endure a tremendous amount of pressure. This combination of places continued stress on brake components and is one of the main contributors to high maintenance costs. Fortunately, Preventative Maintenance (PM) can help reduce […]
Upstate New York is home to a huge community of hybrid drivers, but there aren’t enough qualified technicians to service them all. Exit5 Auto is one of the few service centers that caters to the growing community of Hybrid drivers. We have strong reputation and offer the quality Hybrid repair you’ve been looking for. Check […]
Your car or truck’s suspension system is an intricate network of parts designed to give you a smooth and stable ride. Since the suspension is where most road abuse occurs, the parts can wear out and sometimes break. So if your vehicle doesn’t seem to ride like it used to, a suspension problem may be the issue. […]
At Exit5 Auto we offer a full range of tire services including balancing, rotation, alignment, repair, and replacement. We carry all major brands and our prices are often lower than the big chain stores. If you have questions or concerns about your tires please give us a call or come in for a free tire inspection. Call today: […]
Generally speaking, a transmission flush should be performed every 30,000 miles or every 2 years, whichever comes first. The process is quite simple but requires a professional grade machine to completely flush the fluid. Once flushed, the next steps calls for a solution to be run through the lines until they come out clean. Then, once […]
Does your car pull or drift away from a straight line when you let go of the wheel? Do your tires wear rapidly? If so, you may need a wheel alignment. At Exit5 Auto, we offer affordable wheel alignments for a wide range of cars and trucks. Call today: (518) 541-5000. Wheel Alignment – A Wise Investment […]
Not every Auto Repair Shop is created equalChoosing the right auto repair shop can be hard. It’s not unusual for us to hear a lot of horror stories about repair shops that have scammed car owners with unnecessary services, low quality work, or ridiculously high prices for parts and labor. Here are some things to bear in mind when you’re looking for a great auto repair shop – as well as things to look out for in a not-so-great one.
Signs to watch out for:
- Is the shop dirty? Just as we won’t go in a dirty barber shop or grocery store, a clean auto repair shop is also a must. Expect an orderly, brightly lit, and litter free work environment.
- Are they employing scare tactics? Go to another shop if the service manager is trying to up-sell you on parts that you may or may not need, or if he pushes scare tactics like “I wouldn’t drive this car around the block.”
- Why don’t they offer a warranty? Any good repair shop will back their work.
- Where are their other customers? Good shops stay busy. It’s not a good sign if the shop has employees watching TV or playing cards or only has one car in a service bay.
- Where’s their curb appeal? The shop should have good signage, good lighting, and a professional atmosphere.
- Do they have good customer care? Are they friendly and welcoming the minute you walk in? Care can also mean the little things, such as offering seat covers, a steering wheel cover, and floor mats to ensure that your car’s interior stays as clean as when you brought it. All of these reflects a real regard and respect for customers.
- Are they honest? Honesty is all about getting answers that are clear and direct. You should never feel intimidated. An honest auto repair shop shows you the failed or replaced parts and communicates with you before performing any repair work.