If you’re like most drivers, you rely on your brakes to keep you safe on the road. So if your brakes are starting to fail or are showing signs of wear and tear, you need a reliable source for brake service work in a hurry. And that’s exactly where we come in. At our service facility […]
Brake fluid is essential for the operation of vehicle’s braking system. When you push the brake pedal, the brake fluid causes the brake pads to press against the rotors, making the car slow down and stop. Over time, the brake fluid absorbs air, moisture, sludge and other contaminants and gets compromised. Air in the brake […]
At Exit5 Auto, we firmly believe that changing your oil is a necessity, not a luxury. So if your car is due for an oil change, come to our service center in Latham, NY to have your vehicle serviced. Call today: (518) 541-5000. Schedule Keep Your Vehicle Running Smoothly with an Oil Change todayIf you rely on […]
Generally speaking, a transmission flush should be performed every 30,000 miles or every 2 years, whichever comes first. The process is quite simple but requires a professional grade machine to completely flush the fluid. Once flushed, the next steps calls for a solution to be run through the lines until they come out clean. Then, once […]
Power steering, common in most late model cars, helps you easily turn your cars wheels. It may just provide a helpful push or it may do all the work itself in response to the motion of the steering wheel. Either way, turning a vehicle requires less effort than it otherwise would. It plays a vital role in […]
Fuel injection systems provide accurate fuel monitoring so that when you step on the gas, the fuel injector delivers just the right amount of fuel to your engine. However, due to their complexity, these systems need periodic maintenance to ensure they run efficiently. Schedule Backed with a Lifetime Protection Plan Exit5 Auto Group is proud to […]
One automotive service issue that doesn’t get much attention is drivetrain or driveline service. Drivelines don’t get talked about very much, but they’re very important. Before deciding whether or not to get this service, let’s first let’s define exactly what the driveline is. Taking a small step back, the power plant is comprised of the […]
Does your car pull or drift away from a straight line when you let go of the wheel? Do your tires wear rapidly? If so, you may need a wheel alignment. At Exit5 Auto, we offer affordable wheel alignments for a wide range of cars and trucks. Call today: (518) 541-5000. Schedule Wheel Alignment – A Wise […]
At Exit5 Auto we offer a full range of tire services including balancing, rotation, alignment, repair, and replacement. We carry all major brands and our prices are often lower than the big chain stores. If you have questions or concerns about your tires please give us a call or come in for a free tire inspection. Call today: […]
Many people get confused with the difference between a “cooling system flush” and a “drain/refill”. The truth of the matter is that there is a big difference. While a drain and refill is fairly straight forward and generally not difficult, a flush is much more effective and requires special equipment. A drain and refill generally […]
Uncomfortable temperatures can seem all that much worse when you’re behind the wheel. But maintaining a functional and efficient Air Conditioning or heating system in your vehicle doesn’t have to be a difficult endeavor. At Exit5 Auto, we offer reliable and cost-effective auto AC/Heat repair services. From coolant flush services to a complete overhaul, we have the skills and equipment […]
When it’s cold outside there are few things are more uncomfortable than driving around with a malfunctioning car heater. If yours is out of whack, you’ve probably already noticed. What causes a heater to blow cold air? It could be any number of things, but here common problems that can easily be addressed by the experts […]
A properly functioning exhaust system will keep your car quiet and reduce air pollution. More importantly, it will keep you safe and ensure that harmful gases don’t find their way into the car. Call today: (518) 541-5000. Our expert mechanics are pros at diagnosing exhaust problems and will get you right back on the road in no time. Whether […]
Your car or truck’s suspension system is an intricate network of parts designed to give you a smooth and stable ride. Since the suspension is where most road abuse occurs, the parts can wear out and sometimes break. So if your vehicle doesn’t seem to ride like it used to, a suspension problem may be the issue. […]
Not every Auto Repair Shop is created equalChoosing the right auto repair shop can be hard. It’s not unusual for us to hear a lot of horror stories about some out repair shops that have scammed car owners with unnecessary services, low quality work, or ridiculously high prices for parts and labor. Here are some things to bear in mind when you’re looking for a great auto repair shop – as well as things to look out for in a not-so-great one.
Signs to watch out for:
- Is the shop dirty? – Just as we won’t go in a dirty barber shop or grocery store, a clean auto repair shop is also a must. It should be orderly, brightly lit, and not littered with tools, oil bottles, old parts, or old tires.
- Are they employing scare tactics? – Go to another shop if the service manager is trying to up-sell you on parts that you may or may not need, or if he pushes scare tactics like “I wouldn’t drive this car around the block.”
- Why don’t they offer a warranty? Any good repair shop will back their work.
- Where are their other customers? – Good shops stay busy. It’s not a good sign if the shop has employees watching TV or playing cards or only has one car in a service bay.
- Where’s their curb appeal? – The shop should have good signage, good lighting, and a professional atmosphere.
Signs to take into consideration:
- Do they have good customer care? Are they friendly and welcoming the minute you walk in? Care can also mean the little things, such as offering seat covers, a steering wheel cover, and floor mats to ensure that your car’s interior stays as clean as when you brought it. All of these reflects a real regard and respect for customers.
- Are they honest? Honesty is all about getting answers that are clear and direct. You should never feel intimidated. An honest auto repair shop will show you the failed part that had to be replaced and communicate with you before any repair work is done.
|Monday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|